Sunday, November 20, 2011

Just one sketch. Time with my demons!! And a trip!

This is one of my pictures from Module One of the Sketchbook class with the Kemshall's.  Couldn't resist just one!!  I really like dots (the pointillism thing) and so had a lot of fun with this one.  It's on tracing paper.

 But,... I have been very frustrated lately with the art-making process and the self-doubt demons!  The second module of the sketchbook class is all about watercolour, the lovely wet in wet, free flowing and gorgeous watercolour look.  Agh!!! Never done that.  Really want to try but everytime I set brush and water to paper I cramp up.  And it all feels so overwhelming.  And the work everyone else is doing......so lovely.  So I have been doing nothing....well, that's a great way to learn, don't you think!!!  So I am going to give up on the idea of a masterpiece (my demons again!).....the old 'it's never good enough unless'..... and just try TRY to play.  We'll see what happens.  And of course because I was stalling so terribly with the sketchbook class, and feeling guilty, I haven't been doing anything for the Jane Davies class either.  Agh again!!  But this morning I am painting again, and am going to tackle the watercolour thing....yes, yes, I am!

Oh, but the great news! We are planning a trip to France in the spring, so I have spent tons of time on the computer booking 'gites' in france, such fun, and have organized what should be a most wonderful trip mid april to mid june.  Sigh.  My guy, my sketchbook, my camera and advil!!!  should be perfect!!  Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment