Sunday, December 11, 2011

Good grief! It's Sunday again!

I can't believe it's been a week since I posted anything.  But a busy week.  My guy left for south-east Asia for three months and before that we did two holiday dinners and I've been babysitting in the meantime.  There, I feel better now!!! Not quite so slothful!  And so a couple of offerings:
Two colour wheels (sorry, I don't know how to edit scanned pictures that are smaller than the scanner bed....something I'll have to learn),  anyway, two colour wheels using Winsor and Newton watercolours.  I'm trying to find greens and violets I like.  The first triad is cadmium yellow pale, french ultramarine and alizarin crimson.  I like these violets and I also like the greens...I may play around a bit with this palette.  The second triad is cadmium yellow pale, winsor blue (red shade) and cadmium red.  I love the neutrals produced by the red and blue of this triad but that is basically all they are...neutrals (well, to my inexperienced eye they are anyway!).  I based this particular layout on a similar one done by David Bellamy in his (very delightful) book Complete Guide to Watercolour Painting put out by Search Press.  A great book, by the way, I really recommend it. 
I painted the leftover watercolour paints into my sketchbook as a base for future work.  Then yesterday morning I made some stamps based on some photos I had taken last week.  The one in the middle is made from the Miracle Sponge (from Dharma Trading) that looks like cardboard (and therefore cuts easily) and then, when you put it into water it turns into a stamp!! That's fun!  I'm going to develop these images further and I'll keep you posted, if  you'll pardon the pun!!   So that's it for now.  Back soon.
 

1 comment:

  1. Love the sponged pitcher - a lot!! I also really appreciate how much you experiment with lots of techniques.

    ReplyDelete