Sunday, December 4, 2011

A little fabric again!

This is a piece I made last year at a class with Lesley Turner http://www.lesleyturner.blogspot.com/.  It was a great class on hand stitching offered at the Victoria College of Art and when we started the class we dyed our own fabrics and threads.  I mixed  fuchsia and turquoise together plus some golden yellow a la Ann Johnston in her book Colour by Accident.  I dyed the various threads and ribbons as well, including silks and various cotton blends with some silk and bamboo blends as well.  So beautiful and such fun.  The background fabric is burlap and it too dyes up beautifully.  All of this work was dyed with procion MX dyes.   
I'm still busy with my watercolours but I thought you might like a change from all that paper!!  Back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment