Saturday, September 10, 2011

off to the exhibition

One of the last ones for the exhibition.  Canvas, stitched on to and then painted; stamping with various mediums, more paint, stitching on soluble fabric.  And the ever-present carpet!
Close-ups of the stitching on the trellis piece.  It is an experimental piece and I'd do it differently next time, but it was fun laying it out and getting this far.  As for the exhibition, there is no longer time to work on this one.  So I guess that means it's done.  It's funny, the line between done and not-done.  I suppose it's always somewhat unclear.  Maybe it comes with experience but in the meantime I feel as if I'm always bumping up against the line and not sure which side of it I'm on. 

One last one for the show, inspired by Charles Rennie Mackintosh, with my own bits thrown in.  We were to choose an artist and prepare something based on their work.  Frankly, I love Mackintosh's botanical watercolours but this one appealed to me as well.  I've created my own grid, cut out the circles, reversed the black and white colouring, raised  them up and painted them with gloss medium.

So that's it for the show.  I'm catching an early ferry monday morning and heading off for La Conner.  It'll be a fun week albeit exhausting.  The exhibition is the weekend of the 17th and 18th.  I'll post some pictures when I get back.  I would imagine there will be pictures on Gail's site as well, which you may want to check out.  That's it and thanks for reading!!!  Back soon.   http://www.gailcreativestudies.com/  

No comments:

Post a Comment