Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Where has the time gone???!!! And Part 3 of the Mix and Match trilogy.

Wow, such a week.  My guy came home from his three-month winter trip to warmer climes. So lovely to have him home, but such a busy week.  Lots of drives, lots of talks, lots of visits with friends and family, busy busy busy.  And then I bought a new camera, my first SLR.  Oh my.  I know it's going to be great, but such a learning curve!!!  And while I've been having a lot of fun there has not been much posting of pics.  Sorry!  I'm hoping to take the camera with me next month so I want to know my way around it.  And I'm hoping I can post pictures whilst we're away. 
Anyway, here is Part 3 of the trilogy I was working on a couple of weeks ago.
You may remember the ginger jar from the post last time??? Well, the first pic shows the cut-out jar shape with part of the ginger jar showing through.  The second pic is the jar that shows through from the previous page (6) as well. 

This pic puts together the two pictures above as they appear in the sketchbook only with page 3 from my earlier post (remember??) folded back to create the look of a terracotta vase.  I'm happy with how that part turned out.  The whole flipping of pages and mixing and matching thing was quite fun albeit crazy-making!

Last one, I promise!! This last one shows the double page spread with the little fold-out jar turned back to become part of this spread.  I must confess, it was kind of a puzzle but I had a lot of fun putting it together.  There are quite a few other possibilities, but you get the idea!
So that's it for now.  Back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment