Tuesday, September 25, 2012

'Little chair in Aix" revisited

I am working on a new piece but I am revisiting one of my watercolours from my time in Aix-en-Provence this past spring.  This is a little chair that was in the gite that we stayed in and I loved it so much that I just had to paint it.  So much so, that I am painting it again, this time on fabric, to use in one of my stitched pieces.  I have painted it onto mercerized cotton using old (very old!) fabric paints by Jacquard.  The paint sort of 'glooped' out of the container instead of 'flowing' out, but that's all right.  I  mixed them with some of the Jacquard Colorless Extender and that seemed to help.  The paints performed well on the fabric and that's all I ask! 

So I'll heat set this and then apply some fusible web to the back and then I'll carry on stitching. 

I'll be back to show you the next step.

No comments:

Post a Comment