Sunday, June 30, 2013

Finding colours and continuous line(s)

I am slowly working my way through the activities in the Kemshall's Quilting and Patchwork class.  Slowly.  Been pretty busy doing the day-to-day living stuff and that seems to have been taking up most of my time.  Which isn't a bad thing, to be sure.

I have messed about with trying to replicate some colours taken from various yellow swatches found in magazines.  I have a watercolour palette of colours I have been using for some time now and am trying to find the various magazine yellows (and blues and reds, truth be told) based on those colours.  I have found it a really excellent exercise and I am going to try and do the same thing, using Procion MX dyes.  I have a much more limited palette of procion colours that I work with, so we shall see.  I'll post those experiments when I get them done.
I have also messed about with a continuous line drawing using the other half of a photo I worked with last week.  This stitching was all done as one line, starting in the top right.  I believe this was meant to be in pencil but I thought the stitched line would be more fun. Now I just have to remember to replace the needle since I suspect the paper stitching was a bit of a death knell for that particular needle.
That's it for now.  I think I'll get the procion out and see what I can come up with.
I'll be back....

4 comments:

  1. Oh Marny ! Love the continuous stitched line drawing ! Kudos to you for 'bucking' the rules !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Messing about with paint, what a marvelous occupation. Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marny - glad to catch up with your blog after holidaying in France with my family.
    I love your continuous line drawings. It's a great technique - so beautifully alive - and those colours are lovely.

    ReplyDelete