Monday, August 20, 2012

Adding pages

I have been working into my sketchbook and playing with some of my stamps.  This one is a sponge stamp of a wine glass and I wanted to see what it might look like in a longer format.  I added a page into my sketchbook and made sure that it worked together from all angles, as an extended page but also folded back onto itself.  I like it with the added page closed up best of all, but it was fun to play with the idea.


The right hand page and the middle page had gesso painted on first but the added-on page was painted without.  I added some oil pastels for fun.  The folded back page (in the bottom photo) has tissue paper added to it.  I had stamped the same images onto tissue paper and I liked the layered look that resulted here.  These were fun to work on.

There's more.  I'll be back....

2 comments:

  1. Marny, I found your blog. Wonderful and thanks for the links to other artists. I am checking them out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue!! Thanks so much for stopping by! The whole blogging world if pretty amazing isn't it? And it's a great way to keep in touch with one another. Do you have a blog? I know you do lots of wonderful art and textile work. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete