Sunday, August 12, 2012

Today it's calendulas and more practice

Today I have been inspired by some sweet calendulas that are blooming in the garden.  I don't think I have ever planted them, they just reappear year after year.....they must have been here when I first moved here over 20 years ago....and every year they come back with their bright and cheerful faces.  I would never want to totally eradicate them because they just try so darned hard!!!
Here there is just one bloom fully open and the other two are the seedheads, preparing to ensure their continued blooming for next year.  Well, the rest of the seedheads on the plant are anyway.  Here I kind of got in the way of their plans!! Sort of a Robbie Burns moment.....the best laid plans....and all that.

Next is my start on a practice stitch piece. The other day I monoprinted some of the daisies that I had previously painted.  I've free motion stitched them into a little quilted piece with a backing covered with cotton batting and now I am trying to decide how best to stitch that big blank space in the middle.  I had thought of painting something else into the space, but it is just a practice piece after all and so that leaves me free to play a bit. I'll see what I can do to bring a bit of interest to it.  If I can.  We'll see.  I'll let you know if it works out as planned.
I'll be back.....

1 comment:

  1. Marny, I am so delighted to see your delicate flower drawings and watercolors. Your skill of observation and colorations are increasing by leaps and bounds. Delightful.

    ReplyDelete