Saturday, August 25, 2012

Still doing daisies and finishing with the folding.

I am still working with the daisies.  This time I have traced them on to a mercerized cotton using a Pentel fabric pen (worked like a charm) and my lightbox.  I then drew into them with my Derwent Inktense pencils and some of the Derwent Graphitint pencils and then wet them with my paintbrush to bring up their lovely vibrant colours.  I'm going to heat set them as well because they are on fabric.  Then I want to try and apply them to one of my dyed organza pieces of soy waxed fabric.  Notice the 'try' part.  Haven't got there yet.  So far they are just painted.

You know how you get to a certain stage on a piece you  are working on and you are reluctant to go further because you are afraid you are going to mess up?  I'm there.

So I'll stall further by posting the other side of the fold out page that I showed you last time.
This one was first worked into with graphite pencils then painted over with acrylics.  And stamped a bit into as well.  I applied a couple of tissue paper printed glasses to carry over the glasses idea from the far right hand page, the added-on page.  I'm not finished with these ideas yet. 

Maybe I should make another cup of coffee.  Some might call that 'stalling'.  Some might be right!
I'll ponder the daisy dilemma over coffee. 
I'll be back.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment