Friday, August 17, 2012

Stitching the monoprinted daisies

I spent a bit of time today and stitched the daisy piece that I monoprinted the other day.  I wanted to cover up the centre seam and am fairly pleased with how that turned out.  I marked the fabric with tailor's chalk and I expect that it will rub off in a while. 

It was fun to practice more free motion stitching and to work around the daisies and the negative spaces that I had chalked in.  Learning, learning.

I added some gold leaf to a page I have been working on.  It's the first time I have tried that.  I'm not sure if the adhesive worked very well on top of the watercoloured page but I think it has some potential.

I'm working on another page that I'll show you as soon as it's done.
Back soon.....

1 comment:

  1. Love the free-motion quilting on the top piece! The wine glasses make such a cool chain pattern...the gold leaf DOES add something wonderful. The pattern evokes a lot of image ideas for me...I see something happening on the other-side. It makes me curious to look more.