Saturday, December 8, 2012

Jane Davies' Extreme Composition class

I'm making my way through the lessons for this class.  I started really late but Jane has been kind enough to keep the class open for those of us that are struggling and straggling along at the end.  There are 6 lessons for the class and they each build on the previous lesson.  It is a well organized class and well structured.  I am out of my comfort zone but as I creep up on each new lesson they definitely seem do-able.  Here are some pics from the fourth lesson.
 We have learned quite a lot of different ways to make marks....
and to connect the various bits and pieces.....
And while I can't say I'm doing it all correctly (what is THAT anyway?), I am having fun.  I think that's important as well!!!  Jane gives great feedback on every post and there is tons to be learned from reading the feedback on other classmates' work, not just my own.  I am constantly thinking of ways to apply what I'm learning to my own work, most especially to my stitched pieces.  I am taking another class with Jane in the new year as well as a couple of on-line class that are more textile related with Dionne Swift.  I can't wait to see where it is all going.  And you'll see too!
I'll be back...

No comments:

Post a Comment