Saturday, February 23, 2013

Painting and dyeing and another class with Dionne Swift

I have spent most of the past week babysitting (dogs and/or children!) and working on a new piece. I have dyed the fabrics for the piece and started the picture itself.  Next I have drawn onto the fabric with fabric pens to enhance the design.  It's a new process for me but could very well be a new direction.  We'll see.  I am a bit of a butterfly when it comes to my work, but that's ok.  It keeps it fun!
This is the piece before I started any stitching.

Monday I start a new class with Dionne Swift; her class about working into sketchbooks. If it is anything like the last two classes I have taken with Dionne it will be intense and intensely stimulating in terms of new techniques and ideas.  I'm looking forward to getting started.

I'll let you know how it goes.
Do check out her on-line classes.  I cannot recommend them enough.  Great fun!
www.dionneswift.co.uk
I have lots to do, but I'll be back....

7 comments:

  1. This is stunning, Marny. The colours you have dyed are amazing, and I love the way you have drawn into the fabric to create shading and texture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joan. I'll have to show you the real thing. It's best served with coffee!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Marny, Indeed a happy coincidence!! Now I have discovered your blog as well and added it to my favourites. I absolutely love your work. Like me, you like combining drawing and stitching. But I also adore your abstract embellished pieces. Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura. Isn't blogland the best?!.....now if they only had coffee shops there!!!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for your visit and your comment on my blog .
    I like what you make but I don't know these techniques...

    It is very interessant for you to discover new techniques and to innovate! Patience is needed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Frany, and thank you so much for stopping by my blog!!

      Delete
  4. So impressive and for me so foreign as I do not know much about fabric art. I do know that I like what I see though.

    Yes, I will be at Jane's class on Whidbey Island in July. Nice to hear from you Marny.

    ReplyDelete