Saturday, April 13, 2013

On to the next one.

OK, so I have finally finished that large-ish piece that was giving me so much grief!!  I have worked on pieces this size before but never with the amount of work that was involved here. Still trying to decide how I feel about it.  I'm ok with the piece, in the end, but I'm still trying to decide if I think this particular process is what I'm wanting to pursue at the moment.  I fussed over its various parts for over a month and I have many (many) hours invested in the piece.  So I'm thinking I'll go back to one of my smaller pieces for the moment and see how that feels.  This whole art-making thing really is such an interesting process.  But I realize now that I'm not happy if I'm not creating SOME-thing.  So that's good to know.
So here is part of the just-finished piece, part of the one I'm going to be starting next and some of my very favourite books to be moving on with.  Since the first thing I have to do is dye some more fabrics I've got some decisions to make.  And I do love the researching parts because I get to poke around in all my books.
For me that's the equivalent of 'messing about in boats'!  Nothing could be better.
Off I go....but I'll be back.....

No comments:

Post a Comment