Sunday, April 21, 2013

Tulips, sunshine and mail

We have been having some lovely spring weather here dampened slightly by rain but to a greater degree by a bad cold that's put a bit of a spoiler on thing for me.  But still, it's hard to feel down when one is met by these cheery beings just out the back door.
I spent a couple of lovely days in Port Townsend last week visiting with a friend and have come back with lots of ideas of things to be going on with but also with this bug which is definitely slowing me down.  Hopefully I didn't leave any of it in the States with my friend.  Not on the 'how to be a good guest' list!!!

But now that I'm home I am getting ready to send off two of my little quilts that have been juried into the Canadian Quilt Association's show taking place in Penticton next month.  Pretty exciting!! I've prepared a couple of covered rolls and a couple of bags to slip them into before boxing them up for shipping.  And I've had some help with the preparations from my studio assistant who is always trying to 'help' in her own special way, bless her heart!!
But for the moment, there is nothing else new on the horizon.  I have to get busy with something or else I will bore myself to death.  I'm still reading, however, so that's fun.  And going through the loot I purchased at the Akamai art store in Port Townsend, that sadly is closing its doors at the end of next month (the owners are moving back to Hawaii).  It is just the best art store, so if you live nearby it's worth a visit to stock up....I certainly did!!!
 
That's it for now.  I'll be back.....

2 comments:

  1. Marny I could write a post that mirrors yours in so many ways,Spring has finally arrived here at last. It was so good to feel the sun on my face today, it's been a long, cold, dark winter. I've been packing Isla' s quilt ready to post and wondering what my next big project will be.
    One of our last independent craft shops has closed this week.They are relocating to the south coast and will be an internet business only. I bought a heap of goodies for next to nothing. Amazing similarity!
    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tks for stopping by Pam. Isn't it funny how we seem to be paralleling one another, even across the water!
    And let's hear it for spring!!!

    ReplyDelete