Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Weekend trip and the big tidy up.





Here, in no particular order, are some of the pictures taken this past weekend on my trip to the Interior.  I traveled with a very patient friend who kindly snapped some pictures while we were driving  and some other shots that I took whilst pulled over to the side of the road.  We drove up through Manning Park, stayed in Vernon, visited the Canadian Quilt Association's National Juried Show in Penticton, went down to Oliver and Osoyoos (and drove and drove and drove) and came back home on the Coquihalla Highway!!!  1500 kilometres in three days.  Which for me is HUGE!!!  But it was a great show and it was fun to see my little quilts hanging in a 'real' show!!
And now I'm home.  My guy is coming home tomorrow and I have spent some time in the last couple of days trying to put my house into some kind of order after spending the winter with various art projects scattered all around.  Really, All Around!   Well, now at least he has a chair to sit in!
So that was my weekend.
I'm not up to too much art-wise at the moment but I'm wanting to get back to my Red Bench project, so I'll keep you posted.
I'll be back...

2 comments:

  1. I love the peaceful, rural house surrounded by cows - what a wonderful sense of space. I think that's what I most remember about Canada - the possibility of space and no sign of human habitation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Marny...the first 2 pictures...memories...memories. Beautiful BC. Hope you got inspired at the show...and I hope you're not away from fabric for too long!

    ReplyDelete