Monday, January 26, 2015

More Gelatin Plate Printing with Linda Germain

I have done a bit of printing this morning using some of the stencils that I cut last week.  I also cut the gelatin plate up to use as a smaller size.  We were to use a circular plate but the one I had made had shrunk to a very small size (who knew???) so I cut a rectangle from one of my reconstituted plates. This is all inspired by today's lesson in Linda Germain's Monoprinting onto Fabric class. I think I could have used a bit more restraint but once I got going I wasn't quite sure where to stop.  Oh well, it's all learning!!





I'm still stitching away onto my little quilt piece but I took a break from that to do some printing. I think I'll get my threads out again and see where that takes me.  Life is good!!!

I'll be back.....
www.lindagermain.com

5 comments:

  1. You're SO right about life being good ... all that time to play and experiment. I sometimes can't believe how lucky I am!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, Margaret. Pinching myself!!! Yup, definitely awake!!

      Delete
  2. You're getting great results from this, Marny. I see lots of stitching in your future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tks Joanie. Yup, sore fingers....must mean progress is being made!! No complaints here!!!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete