I spent a busy day yesterday finishing up some more of my stitched cards and painting a few extra ones. I'm trying to build up some sort of inventory....imagine!!! And I prepared two little pieces for stitching, pieces that I printed last year following another class I took with Linda Germain. While last year's class did not focus on fabric printing I couldn't resist giving it a try. I have already completed two of these little prints but wanted to do more. These two were printed using Jacquard fabric paints. So far I have only layered them up with batting and backing but I'll start stitching them today and see where that takes me.
At the same time, I finished the other little quilt that I started a couple of weeks ago after printing some more fabric whilst doing a second class with Linda. I dyed some fabric for the binding and am pleased that the black I chose (this one was from ProChem) had a purple cast to it so that it was a perfect fit for the quilt. It is stitched quite intensively and in fact, I still want to put some french knots into the upper left hand side. I'll do that tonight in front of the telly.
NOTE: I am so impressed with Linda's classes, she is very knowledgeable and super generous with that knowledge. I've learned lots and have thoroughly enjoyed both last year's class and the one I am currently enrolled in. Do check them out: www.lindagermain.com
I have some more stitching to do....I'll be back...