Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

I cannot believe how quickly the time is passing.  But it struck me again this morning that, now that I'm retired, I can do whatever I want.  It is so incredible and I am so incredibly lucky.  So I have been painting again, and more.  I wanted to use a bit of green in a piece although this is maybe more than a bit!  But the next one I'm working on is also going to have green in it....so perhaps I'm looking forward to spring.   This is another watercolour with altered photos, tissue paper, gesso, pen and oil pastels.  I'll finish up the next one and then it's back to acrylics for a while. 
And one of the Jane Davies' classes I'm taking is about the self-portrait.....and I realized that that means that I have to look at myself to work the pieces.....omg, I didn't think of that!!.....have you read Sylvia Plath's poem 'Mirror'?  So.....I cannot believe how quickly the time is passing.....

No comments:

Post a Comment