Really, that sounds too hilarious....as if I should be writing the september class assignment "what I did during my summer holidays"...anyway, here's what I learned today.
OK, I started off with a monoprint of the coffee cup and the word Java!. I then wrote onto the page, with permanent pen using words to describe coffees, anywhere I might want a shadow. Then I wanted to play with matte medium and Yes! paste. I know that matte medium creates something of a resist, so I painted matte medium everywhere I didn't want the paint to appear, including over some of the wording. I also stamped here and there with the matte medium. After that, I affixed some letters, cut out of rice paper, to the page using Yes! paste. Then I started painting. Paint on the copy paper (on the left) resisted the medium differently than on the paper of my sketchbook. I think I like the copy paper better, for here, anyway. Where I had applied the letters with the paste wasn't extremely successful, I don't think, because the paste seemed to re-wet which I didn't like. (I did discover, as a by-the-way, that Yes! paste is acid-free but not archival, just so you know.) Here is a close-up of the cup.
All in all, it was a fun day. I suppose tomorrow I should think about housework. Sometimes thinking can take up a lot of time. I'll think about that, too.