Monday, November 5, 2012

Jane Davies' classes and More Bits and Pieces

I have been super busy trying to set up a new routine because I have committed myself to establishing some sort of 'studio time' every day.  I am also scrambling to catch up with the lessons for Jane Davies' Extreme Composition class (I am SO behind).  And in doing so, I am bumping up against my demons once again.  Abstract work is way out of my comfort zone but I am wanting to push myself into new territory.....and I certainly seem to have done just that.  So in the meantime, I am spending time with the quarter-inch seam, a comfortable, known quantity.  And with the holiday season looming large, it sort of feels appropriate. 
Well, lots of quarter inch seams there!!

And a couple of my scanned abstracts that I did for the Jane Davies' class.  Need I say more??  But at least I am making myself do them, and that is my goal at the moment.  Hmmm, I accidentally spelled that 'gaol' which kind of says how I feel about the doing of them!! 
Oh my.  Back soon.

1 comment: