I am playing with some monoprinting, trying to figure out what paints to use. I have been inspired totally by Angie Lewin's book (absolutely fabulous) and since I'm just using these for sampling I have traced some of her designs. I think that's all right (copyright-wise) since they are for my own use and will just end up in the bin when I'm done. Here I have used Golden Acrylic heavy body paints plus retarder as my ink. The top image had a lot more ink on the plate (a sheet of plexiglas) but I kind of like the effect. I went into it once it was dried with watercolour pencils and then went over that with a wet brush. Kind of fun. You can see a close-up below. It's on rice paper. The second piece was more successful as a print. I like the 'noise' that the ink leaves on the paper as you draw into it on the plate.
I have completed four runners (tis the season, you know) and am sort of glad to be done with them for a while. All that 'stitch in the ditch' business is hard on the old eyes.
This last pic (another monoprint) is taken from one of my photos that I shot last spring during our drive just east of Amsterdam. I'm thinking of putting it on fabric. More on that later.
Clearly I have more to do. Lots more.
I'll be back....