Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I am dyeing for oranges!

 I have dyed some cotton fabric (and some organza) in a range of colours from yellow-orange to blue violet. Well, I thought I was!! Clearly I haven't got the colours quite right because I don't think I should have got such a lovely range of greens!!! But that's all right.
I am interpreting one of my holiday photos and this was the purpose of dyeing these fabrics.  This is only my second attempt at a 'photo' piece and I'm still not sure if it's something I want to pursue.  Nonetheless, I wanted to give it a try. Who knows, I may come to love it!!  I have started to stitch the fused pieces and to further colour the various bits with thread.  I don't normally show you my 'in process' pieces, but hey, why not!!! It took me all day to piece these little bits!  I have a lot of respect for those people who do this sort of piecing (and even more now!!) and to think that sometimes all the little edges are turned under and/or pieced as well.  Yikes!!!  So, hats off to those of you that do!!!
OK, I'm off to do a bit more stitching.  I'll show you again when I'm done.  Fingers crossed it comes out all right!!  We'll see....and you'll see!  I'll be back....

1 comment: