Saturday, February 25, 2012

Paints and pastels. Shapes and shadows.

I am starting work on a couple more pages and am trying out various layouts.  Many years ago my sister gave me some soft pastels so I have painted and pastelled (verb: to pastel, is there such a thing??) a picture of a ginger jar.  They aren't properly placed just yet....simply side by side for comparison. 
Still trying to find a method and a medium that I truly enjoy.  I am leaning more and more towards a pen outline and then paint.  I like the way it is loose and not, all at the same time.  And the pastels are lovely, but quite messy.  But hey, lots more playing to do!! And therein lies the fun! 
So I am also playing with various layouts and took a number of photos, because the old brain keeps misplacing the images I try and hold on to.  So much easier to print out a few ideas and use the brain for the important things....like where I put my coffee!
More on all of this later.  I  have to finish my coffee. I'm pretty sure it's around  here somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment