Another monoprint, tulips this time. I applied the monoprints with matte medium and then went over the open part on the left hand page with clear gesso. There is no medium at all on top of the monoprinted paper as I was careful to avoid getting any on the paper....just copy paper, nothing special. Then I used watercolours over top of that:... french ultramarine, alizarin crimson and cadmium yellow pale. More experimenting here: I'm trying to mix greens and neutrals from the pure pigments. Still not thrilled about the watercolours on top of the clear gesso, but it is so much better than anything else I've tried. And admittedly they were more of a wash here than anything else so they really don't have the oomph they might need to stand up to the gesso. I'll keep experimenting.