Monday, February 27, 2012

Handmade books.

I went to a workshop yesterday given by a friend (wonderful artist, check out her website http://www.lainecanivet.com/) wherein we made handmade hardcover books.  I used some of the fabric that I had prepared in the workshop with Kerr Grabowski last fall.  This is the third workshop I have attended, given by Laine, and each time I have been impressed with how organized and how generous she is.  In earlier workshops we've made a softcover book using painted canvas and another using fabric with stamping and sewing, all aspects prepared during the class.  This is the first time I have used a previously prepared piece of fabric   Here's a look at yesterday's book.

And here is a shot of the inside front cover.

A fun workshop.  A fun day.
And today, the sun is shining and the birds are singing, so far so good!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment